Microsoft released Visual Studio 2008 officially (i.e. RTM) and Visual Web Developer 2008
For a starter, following is a list of new features included in Visual Studio 2008 as well as Visual Web Developer 2008
- Built in AJAX Functionality: Now AJAX is not an external framework but an internal part of ASP.NET 3.5.
- LINQ (Language Integrated Query): With LINQ Support data access becomes easier.
- Debugging .NET Framework: As .NET Framework Source Code is freely available (courtesy Microsoft), VS2008 allows you to debug .NET Framework Source Code.
- Split View: Now with new split view feature, you can work with “Source View” as well as “Design View” at the same time.
- Multi-Targeting: With these new IDE(s), you can develop web application for .NET Framework 2.0(Visual Studio 2005) as well as .NET Framework 3.5.
These above feature are only for starter, there are many more new features included in Visual Studio 2008 as well as .NET Framework 3.5.
As Visual Studio 2008 has reached RTM, it will not be available for free download.
For getting started with ASP.NET 3.5, here is a useful link
Learn ASP.NET 3.5
Hope this helps !!!!
If you have any suggestion, question or problem feel free to comment below.